Friday, December 11, 2009

Smile Time

"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly; devils fall because of their gravity."
___ G.K. Chesterton

If you've had a rough week of bad news and bad breaks, if you accidentally made a fool of yourself in front of other people because of a silly mistake you could have avoided, then this is a video for You..!

Any one of these vignettes serves as an accurate metaphor for my recent stumblings at work lately, so I consider the laughs they provoke very helpful medicine, and a timely reminder to smile at myself more often, if I am to bear my self-initiated problems with good grace. And hopefully to remember, once and for all, that the moment I declare "I know what I'm doing" is usually the moment right before things fall apart!

Rarely will you see such comedy timing, and poetic justice, outside of a Wile E. Coyote cartoon:



"Whoa, Nellie!"

2 comments:

Dag said...

Excellent, Charles. What a great Sunday lift.

maccusgermanis said...

If I remember correctly Bill Dance used to be broadcast Saturday's just before cartoons.