Sunday, March 08, 2009

Grateful For Vancouver Weather

The other day I looked up and saw another grey sky; being human I began to grumble but I was quick enough to catch myself in mid-breath and strangle my ingratitude it in its lair.
Reading about the storms and awful winters that so many other cities have had this season, seeing all the awful pictures of other people's blizzards and snow drifts on television since last November, makes me all too aware that we really don't have much to complain about here in Vancouver, when it comes to the weather.
It's no wonder that so many residents simply go outside and stand around. I can hardly believe our luck myself...

6 comments:

truepeers said...

Hmm, it was just snowing here!

Charles Henry said...

heh, yeah, imagine my surprise when I go outside and find myself trapped in a snow storm within moments of making this post!

Still, it was beautiful when it ended an hour later, at sunset.

Dag said...

It snowed here too, but it's the last of our global warming for a long time, I think so. Flowers are sprouting in the park, the sun is warming up a bit, soon to melt the last iceberg in the Arctic so we all drown, of course, and I'm looking forward to kayaking to work every day. Life IS good.

See? We can have it both ways.

Charles Henry said...

Good grief, I had to navigate a genuine snowstorm on my way to work this morning. It felt like every snowflake hitting the ground made me giggle, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Fortunately, you can't see the egg on my face for all the snow that's covering it as an outer coating..! :)

Given the timing of my post yesterday afternoon, I almost feel like it was a trigger for the change of weather, like a light switch.

Sorry about that Vancouver! From now on I promise to use my unexpected influence over the climate in more responsible ways... with great power comes great responsibility..!

truepeers said...

Watch out saint Charles/goat henry

Dag said...

Watch out for Al Gore, you major climate changer! Yikes! I'm snowed under.