Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
"Let conversation cease. Let laughter flee. This is the place where death delights to help the living."
Ben-Peter Terpstra, "Obama-first mayors lead 14 of 15 most dangerous cities," American Thinker. June 10, 2009
When Mayor Giuliani, the feisty Italian-American Republican took charge of New York, he meant business. Crime went down, down, down.
Alas, today's big city mayor is more likely to be a soft-on-crime Democrat.What do I mean? When Forbes magazine listed the 15 most dangerous cities in America - the political class ignored one embarrassingly obvious fact. Yes: 14 of the 15 mayors leading America's most dangerous cities are Obama-first leaders.Here's the beef:No. 15 Philadelphia, Pa. Mayor Michael Anthony "Mike" Nutter (Democrat)No. 14 Charlotte, N.C. Mayor Patrick "Pat" McCrory (Republican)No. 13 West Palm Beach, Fla. Mayor Lois J. Lois J. Frankel (Democrat)No. 12 Baton Rouge, La. Mayor-President Melvin "Kip" Holden (Democrat)No. 11 New Orleans, La. Mayor Clarence Ray Nagin, Jr. (Democrat)No. 10 Baltimore, Md. Mayor Sheila Ann Dixon (Democrat)No. 9 Nashville, Tenn. Mayor Karl Foster Dean (Democrat)No. 8 Charleston, S.C. Mayor Joseph P. Riley, Jr. (Democrat)No. 7 Little Rock, Ark. Mayor Mark Stodola (Democrat)No. 6 Orlando, Fla. Mayor John Hugh "Buddy" Dyer (Democrat)No. 5 Stockton, Calif. Mayor Ann Johnston (Democrat)No. 4 Las Vegas, Nev. Mayor Oscar Baylin Goodman (Democrat)No. 3 Miami, Fla. Mayor Manny Diaz ("Independent,"Obama-first voter and 2008 DNC speaker)No. 2 Memphis, Tenn. Mayor Willie W. Herenton (Democrat)No. 1 Detroit, Mich. Mayor David Bing (Democrat)
Cities with Democratic Party mayors. Is it good or bad or just the moon in Virgo? Let's take a seat and watch the show.
American Thinker comment, Posted by: Mac Fuller. June 10, 11:37 AM
This information can be found in U.S. Census Bureau, 2006 American Community Survey, published in August 2007, and was widely reported upon in August, September, and October 2008 prior to the presidential election.
POVERTY IN MAJOR U.S. CITIES -- TOP 10.
City and State / Percentage of People Below Poverty Level / "Leadership"
1. Detroit , MI 32.5% #1 on poverty rate list. Has not elected a Republican mayor since 1961.
2. Buffalo , NY 29.9% #2 on list, and hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1954.
3. Cincinnati , OH 27.8% #3 on the poverty list. No elected Republican since 1984.
4. Cleveland , OH 27.0% #4 on the poverty list. No elected Republican since 1989.
5. Miami , FL 26.9% #5 on the poverty list. Has NEVER had a Republican mayor.
6. St. Louis , MO 26.8% #6 on the poverty list. No elected Republican since 1949.
7. El Paso , TX 26.4% #7 on the poverty list. Has NEVER had a Republican mayor.
8. Milwaukee , WI 26.2% #8 on the poverty list. No elected Republican since 1908.
9. Philadelphia , PA 25.1% #9 on the poverty list. No elected Republican since 1952.
10. Newark , NJ 24.2% #10 on the poverty list. No elected Republican since 1907.
How cool is it that we have as president a Democrat Super-Mayor?
There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
I've got to beware
Think it's time we
What's that sound
Everybody look what's going down ...