Monday, March 31, 2008

What the faithless man thought impossible has almost happened

There are 29 comments so far posted at the CBC website on Sunday's
CBC News story on the Canadian Human Rights Commission. I don't expect anyone else to care much about my opinions, or their popularity, but as an index to a certain emerging reality, it may be worth saying that, with fair reason, and insufficient good faith, I never thought i would see the day when I was in almost universal sympathy with so many commenters on cbc.ca.

One or two comments denied the unanimity that was erstwhile impossible to imagine happening, but one thing should be coming clear to our politicians: those citizens who take the time to inform themselves on the issues of the day are outraged by Section 13(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act, and much else besides concerning the "Human Rights" Commission. The politicians had better act. There are still a lot of Canadians who care about preserving a free society and democracy. And they have a good idea what that entails.

3 comments:

Dag said...

Peers, that first sentence is beyond runic, beyond pyrrhic, beyond semantic and anachronistic, much, I'm sure, to the utter dismay of some of our less than equipped reader/ disparagers. Needless to say, I love it, I being also one of a growing chorus of classical Geeks.

Dag said...

Please erase "sentence" above and insert "paragraph" in its place.

truepeers said...

You were my inspiration, mate...