Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Beautiful British Columbia

We're still around, we've just been busy. I thought I would put up a few pictures from some recent hikes to help pass the time until work obligations deflate back to normal, and we can resume regular blogging patterns.
I took a friend to hike with me in this park last summer; there was so much to look at, every corner would reveal some new wonder... as we approached this vantage point he stopped in his tracks, and exclaimed: "it's like an Art Gallery up here..!"
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; sometimes it's beautiful to watch them beholding it.
Now, I don't know what this might be saying about me, but when I make return trips to the scenic places I like, I find myself shifting my attention away from the spectacular scenery, in order to take in the reactions of fellow visitors to the spectacular scenery. Seeing them discover the beauty surrounding us has become as exciting than seeing it again for myself.
Even within the beauty of nature, I still find it more rewarding to people watch... I guess you can take the boy out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the boy.

3 comments:

Eowyn said...

Ah, once again you've broken my heart. That countryside is beyond beautiful. Note has been made to self that B.C. is a must-visit.

Thanks for sharing that, Charles Henry. Of course I had to link to it!

Anonymous said...

BC is good as a whole, but you should check out Vancouver Island first!


haha

Findalis said...

Look nice and cool. Wonderful for a summer vacation.