Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Free Offer for Free Speech

Maybe you've just read my preceding post on the latest Richard Warman lawsuit.

Maybe you want to do something to expand free speech in Canada, but you're too broke to help the bloggers being sued.

Well, if you're in the Vancouver area, I have a solution for you. If you have never yet showed up to a Thursday evening Covenant Zone meeting in the atrium of the Vancouver Public Library, central branch, 7-9 pm, in front of Blenz Coffee (look for the people in the blue scarves), but would like to do something to contribute to the conversation on expanding or protecting freedom in Canada, here's my offer to you.

Show up, warm your speaking chops, expose yourself to some new ideas, and then go home and carry that with you wherever you go. If you do that, I will:

1) Buy for you, an Ezra Levant t-shirt from the nose on your face (who is donating profits to the bloggers being sued), if you promise to wear it, in public and visibly, at least once a week to the end of summer 2008.

OR 2) Give the equivalent of the cost of a nose on your face t-shirt in a donation to one of the bloggers being sued by Richard Warman.

Due to personal financial considerations, this offer is limited to the first ten new people who show up at a Thursday night Covenant Zone meeting, and discuss the Canadian Human Rights Commission with me for at least fifteen minutes. However, I reserve the right to expand my offer to more than ten people should I like the spirit of free speech a Covenant Zone visitor embodies, or should more money come my way.

My record will indicate that I almost never miss a Thursday meeting. But if for some reason I must, any reasonable sign that you have reasonably attempted to meet with Covenant Zone bloggers at the library on a Thursday evening will qualify you for this offer.

This offer may be further refined, by notice at this blog.

No comments: